~ The Junior League of San Antonio supports agencies and programs that work every day to meet the rising needs in our community through volunteer support and funding. We are the non-profit that supports other non-profits and by working together, we’re building a better community in San Antonio.
The Junior League of San Antonio, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. Founded in 1924, the JLSA is governed by an 18-member board of directors elected from a membership of more than 1,200 women. The Junior League is proud to partner with more than 60 agencies annually, touching a wide array of local non-profit organizations.
- Part of an international community of 294 Junior Leagues in four countries representing over 160,000 members.
- Over 1,200 local members with an average of 11 years active service with JLSA.
- Three levels of membership: new members, active members, and sustaining members.
- Contributes over 10,000 service hours each year.
- Provides approximately $500,000 a year in supporting programs and projects related to the JLSA mission.
WHO WE ARE:
- The Junior League of San Antonio is the premier women’s volunteer organization, where women work together to build a better community through leadership and community service.
WHAT WE DO:
- The Junior League of San Antonio actively supports the San Antonio community. Through volunteer work and grants to partner organizations; we benefit women, children and families city-wide.