Your first year of The Junior League of San Antonio, Inc. is your New Member year. The purpose of this first-year training is to expose each volunteer to the various community and In-League activities of The Junior League of San Antonio, Inc.
The New Member class of members is approximately 100 women who lend support to each other as they share their new member year experience. Mentoring is an important aspect of the first year and all New Members are assigned a mentor to guide them through the learning process. It takes commitment to meet the obligations, but the rewards are in the new opportunities to serve, learn new skills, and new friendships.
A New Member Must:
- Meet financial obligations on the night of the Invitation Reception;
- Attend one In-League Workshop (Super Saturday) offered on two alternate dates, May through August;
- Attend five Cluster Meetings with New Member Mentors (multiple meetings offered);
- Attend three large group New Member meetings;
- Attend a minimum of one JLSA, Inc. Board of Directors meeting;
- Attend a minimum of four JLSA, Inc. General Membership Meetings by the February General Membership meeting. A total of five JLSA, Inc. General Membership Meetings must be attended by May 31st;
- Complete twenty-five hours of Community Placement;
- Attend four Community Awareness Meetings;
- Meet the $45 Fundraiser Requirement; and
- Attend the Placement Showcase and complete and exit interview at the end of the New Member course.
After your New Member year, you will become an Active member of The Junior League of San Antonio, Inc. The requirements for an Active member are different than that of the New Member.
An Active Member Must:
- Meet financial obligations by April 30th;
- Attend five General Membership Meetings by May 31st;
- Complete at least 45 hours in a Community or In-League Placement;
- Meet Membership Credit obligations;
- Meet the $45 Fundraiser Requirement;
- Collect and donate at least $100 worth of items to Goodwill.