Volunteer work is a priceless opportunity to give back. We are proud to give recognition and show appreciation to those who serve our organization and our community with strength, talent and commitment. An awards program is just one way to announce that volunteers are our most valuable asset.
2013-2014 Gem Awards
Congratulations to following Active JLSA members on their accomplishments and recognition.
- SA Works Team (Liz Forester, Ammie Cardreon, Susanna Knouse, Danell Stuckey, April Dickson) - The SA Works team worked hard to create plenty of Done in a Day projects for the membership to choose to volunteer at through the summer before the new JLSA year even began. And with all the great relationships the team created with our community partners to ensure they are getting exactly what they need and we are delivering on our promises!
- Lesley Vernor - Lesley has been a leader in JLSA for many years now and her dedication is unmatched! As the Signature Project Chair she has led this new team to really find the best ways to tackle childhood obesity in the best way JLSA can.
- Jenna Hiller - Jenna is our eblast coordinator this year and right off the bat we have had so many email requests and she has handled all of them with grace and patience. With so many different committees wanting to send out information it is hard to get everyone what they want while not innundating the membership with hundreds of emails. Jenna keeps it all organized and gets the information out there fast!
- Underwriting Team (Patti Martin, Diane Castillo, Helen Dear, Judy Juarez, Bridie Chaudoir, Amy Allison, Ardie Anderson, Arlie Villescas, Annie McNeil, Kristen Palme, Elysia Petry Hullings, Sarah Bragg) - This team was redesigned last year and with the changes made and getting the right people in the right spot for this job this group is meeting and exceeding expectations. With great leadership this group has set a great pace for the year and we look forward to all the fundraising they will be doing throughout the year!
- Cecilia Lummus - her nominator said, "She's awesome!" This member volunteered to at the last minute to speak at the January meeting for prospective members. And also she volunteered to help out (again at the last minute) at the new member reception. Going above and above the call of duty without expecting any recognition is what the junior league is all about. Cecilia Lummus personifies that!
- Marci Ocanas - in addition to her regular responsibilities as SA Works Chair Assistant - Agency Contact, this volunteer captained a Goodwill location and she is diligently working on a historical document of what we did and when for SA Works - going back to 2009! Her work now will be useful for the future, especially for developing new placements and the grant process. Congratulations go to Marci Ocanas.
- Jennifer Ramirez - This member did a phenomenal job of scheduling the community general meetings in November and she's been a great help with the Grants process, in addition to her regular duties as Vice Chair of Logistics and communications - community partners. If that were not enough, she's also helping to organize the community and sponsor reception in partnership with the fund development committee, and she does it all with a smile. Beth will be very lucky to have Jennifer Ramirez in this role again next year!
- Erin Alsup - The next league year often starts very early for some committees. This is the case for Ole 2013. This committee's leadership began almost immediately after doors closed on Ole 2012. Already, the chair has done a wonderful job of managing through committee changes and has chosen an amazing new location for Ole 2013 (in case you didn't hear already - it will be at Expo Hall B at Freeman Coliseum!) This change required a lot of research and planning, as well as ramping up the merchant application process. We know it will be a huge success...congratulations to Erin Alsup.
Past Award Recipients: