Request for Proposals for Building Project Support from The Junior League of San Antonio
NATURE OF REQUEST
The Junior League of San Antonio (hereafter referred to as JLSA) seeks proposals from qualified non-profits with needs for monetary support for a capital project to recommend how JLSA could support your non-profit with dollars and receive recognition for this support. Proposals accepted through 5:30pm, Thursday, March 8, 2018.
The Junior League of San Antonio, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
For nearly 95 years, the Junior League of San Antonio has partnered with local agencies by providing funding and volunteer hours to projects that improve our community. Projects are selected which further the mission of JLSA and are focused on areas pertaining to our mission and position statements.
Historically, JLSA has demonstrated leadership and involvement in a wide range of community programs and support of a wide range of public issues. As part of its community involvement, the Junior League of San Antonio has identified a number of broad public issues that affect our community. Each Position Statement on these issues is adopted because a recognized need has been identified in our community through the research and development of community placements.
JLSA is approaching its 100th year supporting San Antonio and, in celebration, would like to give significant support to a project through an internal fundraising campaign. The Junior League of San Antonio will celebrate its Centennial in 2024, and JLSA will begin raising money for this project in 2019. JLSA is looking for proposals for projects between $500,000 to $1,250,000 that will either be started or completed by 2024 and have an opportunity for permanent recognition for JLSA.
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION AND SELECTION
Finalists will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Company background, history in San Antonio and mission as a non-profit
- Specific project with support needs
- Proposed plan for JLSA recognition
- Timeline alignment with anniversary celebration
- Reference evaluation
JLSA will accept proposals through 5:30 pm, Thursday, March 8, 2018. After review of the proposals, finalists will be selected from among the respondents no later than Thursday, March 29, 2018. Finalists will be invited to present to the JLSA Board of Directors the evening of Tuesday, April 24, 2018.
CONTENT OF PROPOSAL
- Include an executive summary of your nonprofit’s proposal
- Describe your organization’s mission and history
- Share specific details of your organization’s project with a description of how this project will serve the city of San Antonio
- Share how you envision JLSA receiving recognition for the support
- Submit a well-defined timeline required for the project
- Submit a recommendation for the amount of money for JLSA to contribute to the project and how to give along the timeline
- Include three references of supporters for past projects, to include contact information for these supporters
- Describe other factors that you consider important for JLSA to know about your organization and project
Beginning Wednesday, January 10, 2018, you may submit any questions regarding the RFP in writing to email@example.com, and we will respond as soon as possible.
JLSA will accept proposals through 5:30 pm, Thursday, March 8, 2018. All submissions should be sent electronically in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If it should be required, we will issue an addendum no later than Tuesday, February 27, 2018 (10 calendar days before the RFP is due). Acknowledgement of receipt should be included in the submission.
Click HERE to download a PDF copy of these requirements.