Junior League of San Antonio volunteers strive to improve our community year-round through “Done-In-A-Day” projects.
WHAT IS A DONE-IN-A-DAY PROJECT?
A Done-In-A-Day project is anything that your organization needs volunteer support to complete. Junior League volunteers are ready to roll up their sleeves and help you put on an event, tackle a gardening project, stuff thousands of envelopes, sort donations, prepare and serve meals, wrap gifts…and on and on!
Ideally, a Done-In-A-Day project should require 4-10 volunteers and 3-8 hours to complete, but we will consider projects of all sizes. Please review the additional guidelines below before submitting a project proposal:
- Proposals are accepted via the JLSA’s Done-In-A-Day proposal form, linked below.
- Proposals must include a copy of your organization’s 501(c)(3) status and a copy of your general liability insurance – there is a designated place on the Done-In-A-Day proposal form to upload these documents.
- A representative from your agency must be present for the full duration of your project.
- Junior League members are not permitted to serve alcohol, transport people or materials in a vehicle, do heavy manual labor, handle firearms, or engage in direct fundraising for your agency.
- You are welcome to submit multiple proposals, but please submit a separate proposal form for each project or separate project date.
- Please submit your proposal form at least 30 days ahead of your project date – this helps to ensure that we have volunteers available to send your way! We accept proposals year-round.
Please note that we are unable to consider incomplete proposals.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
After submitting your Done-In-A-Day project proposal via the link above, we will review your proposal form to ensure that it is complete and meets our project guidelines. We’ll then post your Done-In-A-Day project on our volunteer calendar, where Junior League members can sign up to help as their schedules allow.
CAN YOU SHARE EXAMPLES OF PAST DONE-IN-A-DAY PROJECTS?
Of course! Recent Done-In-A-Day projects include:
- Preparing and serving meals at Children’s Bereavement Center
- Distributing school supplies and backpacks at Respite Care of San Antonio
- Assisting Fall Fest attendees at Northeast Senior Assistance Center
- Handing out programs and serving as ushers for Youth Ballet of San Antonio
- Landscaping a newly built home with Habitat for Humanity
- Running an arts and crafts table during Family Days at the McNay Art Museum
- Clearing a trail at Cibolo Nature Center
- Checking in guests at a fashion show fundraiser for the American Cancer Society
- Managing Community Code Jam event stations for Youth Code Jam
- Serving lunch and leading games for a singer’s retreat for Children’s Chorus of San Antonio
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org