Become a Member
- Applications to join the Junior League of San Antonio are now open. Apply today!
- See how to become a member of the Junior League of San Antonio.
- Interested in joining but still have questions? Ask your questions here and our Admissions Team will be in touch shortly.
The JLSA Experience
In 1924, eleven women organized the Junior League of San Antonio, Inc. (JLSA), with a vision of making a difference in the lives of women and children in San Antonio. 97 years later, the JLSA has contributed over a million hours to the community, which translates into approximately eighteen million dollars worth of volunteer hours and over seven million dollars invested into projects in the community. The JLSA has made its mark in San Antonio through a number of organizations and community projects.
The JLSA is a member of the Association of Junior Leagues, International (AJLI). Comprised of 292 Junior Leagues in four countries, AJLI has been providing support, guidance and leadership development opportunities to member Leagues since it was created in 1921. AJLI strives to unite all the Junior Leagues; provide continuity and support; and serve as a steward for the Junior League Movement. Today, through regional, national, and international meetings, comprehensive resources and customized consultations, the AJLI adds value to member Leagues in their fulfillment of the Junior League Mission.
Mission: The Junior League of San Antonio, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
What We Do
The Junior League of San Antonio partners with dozens of other non-profit organizations by providing volunteers, grants, and other unique assistance. This allows our members an opportunity to work with multiple agencies serving many different areas of interest.
We offer training and education opportunities to our members that can be utilized in personal and professional development and growth.
We put on multiple fundraising events each year so that we can fund our programs and give back to our community.
The JLSA prides itself on being an organization of diverse women who are committed to helping San Antonio. We are a group of professional women who work together to make a positive impact on the community, and in the process we also impact each other. As a member of JLSA, you will promote our mission through your work in the community as well as your interaction with other league members. The JLSA is a wonderful way to make a meaningful difference, meet new friends, and learn about the city of San Antonio.
- Our current New Member class ranges in age from 24-57
- Our entire membership ranges in age from 24 to 98
- 68% of our Members are between the age of 30-39
- 91% of our members are employed or self-employed
- 49% of members are involved with other causes
- 48% of our members have children living at home
Why Should I Join?
“The Junior League has always done wonderful things, but what has impressed me the most has been their ability to change focus with the times. Although the projects and the service to the community are fantastic, the JLSA does something even better – they develop and train first class volunteers and create wonderful lifelong friends.”
– Suzanne Goudge, Sustainer and Volunteer Extraordinaire, 2010
BENEFITS TO JOINING JLSA
- Make positive changes in the San Antonio community
- Expand your circle of influence and connect with inspiring women
- Meet new people and form lifelong friendships
- Impact so many lives by giving back effectively and efficiently
- Do good on a regular, ongoing basis
- Experience personal growth and leadership development
- Expand your skill set; speaking, public relations, sales, marketing
- Participate in a well-run organization